Sunday, August 8, 2010

Saturdays are my game

August 7th, 2010 -- Saturday.
  • breakfast
  • cleaning
  • run
  • omelet
  • book
  • Top Gear
  • party!
As my Saturdays go, this one ranks firmly in the "very good" category.  It's not in the top 10, but it was still great and I didn't wake up today feeling emotionally drained, the way I sometimes do.

I didn't do CrossFit yesterday.  I woke up at about 7:30 yesterday, wide awake and restless.  I decided to go for a run rather than do CrossFit because I didn't want to wait until class to burn off all my energy.  I also cleaned my kitchen and bathroom in the morning.  As nauseating as it sounds, I love to start out my Saturdays super productive and then gradually relax through out the day.  It makes me feel better about relaxing. 

I spent most of yesterday afternoon with my nose in a book.  It has been a while since I've read a book so compelling that I'll spend hours with it at a time, but this one was and I tore through the last hundred and fifty pages or so in one sitting.  The book in question was "Player of Games" by Iain M. Banks. 

The highlight of yesterday was a party I went to with some great friends.  The hosts are extraordinarily musical.  One is a soprano in a choir and the other plays piano.  Every so often they'll have piano parties where the point is to eat, drink, be merry, and sing.  They're great, their friends are great, and singing is a lot more fun than I would normally give it credit for. 

I woke up this morning feeling mostly great and slightly hung over.  I'm good enough that I want to go out for a run, get some food shopping done, take out the motorcycle, and read another book.  And later I have a barbecue to go to.  I got invited last night by a few friends at the party and I can't wait.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment